jelly roll quilt FINISH

i made this jelly roll quilt for my friend sherri as a birthday gift.
i ordered a jelly roll from fat quarter shop called birds & berries by lauren and jessi jung for moda fabrics. i thought it fit sherri's personality and the prints reminded me of her. i also mixed in some solids from a bright kona solids jelly roll.

i tricked sherri into picking out the backing fabrics, she had no idea the quilt was for her. i love the florals she chose from joann's.
used straightline quilting on my singer machine and then made the binding from an orange polka dot. i like using dots for bindings. i think all the fabrics somehow work well together.

Comments

  1. I love this quilt! It's been on my bed everyday since you gave it to me. I can't believe it's been that long!!!!! It still looks great and sometimes I put the back face up and sometimes I put the pieced side on top, like it should be! I have had it on my bed the correct way for quite a while now. Thank you so much for making this quilt for me. It was pretty funny, I had no idea this quilt was for me! You must have been laughing to yourself the whole time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment