the midnight stars quilt

The midnight stars quilt is a color study using flying geese. I used the accu-quilt go die-cutter to make precision flying geese. SO many pieces! (This is probably my last "small pieces" quilt, I am so much happier piecing larger.) I concentrated on all deep blues...stars and night time and dots were a theme. I wanted this to be very tone on tone, with pops of bright pink.







 
BC Since i was living in Tucson, my usual batting + flannel backing seemed too heavy. I decided to make this a lighter weight quilt by skipping the batting altogether, and quilting the top to a flannel sheet. I love the thinner profile, and this is the perfect quilt for keeping the chill off when watching tv, as it is really lap size. (photos are placeholders until I can properly photograph this quilt) Backing was an old flannel sheet from my linen closet, binding is chambray dot. There is a message of love hand-embroidered on the back.

Comments