Cancelled Wedding Cake Quilt

The quilt has been gifted so it’s safe to show off: The Cancelled Wedding Cake Quilt is for my dearest Hot Steph and her Steve who were supposed to have a gorgeous Italian wedding next month, but 2020 happened.
The front uses all geometric patterns and a tone on tone color story, it also features hand cut equilateral triangles from a homemade template (never again!!) which were very difficult and I would only ever attempt this again with die cut pieces. The back is a vintage sheet and pillow case thrifted here in Tucson.
This was a quarantine quilt, I used only what I had on hand. I pieced together some large batting pieces to make it work, and the binding is very scrappy. I also utilized hand quilting on this quilt which was SO FUN and I will definitely do again.
Happy cancelled wedding Steph and Steve, I hope you enjoy this handmade token of my love and best wishes. #cancelledweddingcakequilt

Comments

  1. Another gorgeous quilt! Using a template for the triangles must have taken forever. Your hand quilting is so fun. It's great that you had all of these colors in your stash, collection. Steph is very lucky to have you as her friend. It's too bad their wedding plans in Italy had to be canceled. 2020, a crazy year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment