A Watermelon Twist…with unexpected lobsters!

 I inherited another family heirloom quilt, maker unknown. I was charmed by the dual color smaller-scale stars. 


Using what I learned from making the lone star quilts, I tried to replicate the antique quilt in scale and pattern…but with a watermelon twist! 




I had a recycled Tommy Hilfiger lobster sheet in my stash, and it agreed with the colors in the quilt top in such a perfect way, it had to be used! It was quite unexpected for me, but it embodies all the joy and lightness I felt making this quilt. It is my dream to create for FUN and JOY, and this one was a dream come true :)  




The new and old quilts together: 


This quilt really embodies the guiding themes in my work: classic quilt patterns with a twist. Modern interpretations of the classics. 


Comments