Thursday, June 11, 2015

the wedding ring quilt

this quilt took me 5 months to make, and contains many things i have never tried before. first time piecing with curves. i used the quick curve ruler from sew kind of wonderful and the metro rings pattern.
first time doing a full-size quilt with free motion quilting. i really used my new bernina 750QE to the best of my abilities, doing flower and leaf motifs and lots of loop de boops.
the back is an out of print alexander henry day of the dead toile, that i sourced online.
i used my bernina to embroider the bride and groom's names and their wedding date in the corner on the back.
and i used priory square for the binding.
i love this quilt a lot and i'm so HAPPY that it's DONE!!! on to the next one!!!